Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Added Permian Basin Trust, Pebblebrook Hotel Trust


Last week I added the hotel real estate owner Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (NYSE: PEB). I like the company's portfolio of high-end, central business district boutique hotels in gateway cities. I think business and tourist spending in these cities will continue increasing despite the headwinds brought about by a higher US Dollar. Pebblebrook is a dividend growth company with excellent, proven management. It is down some 40% in 2015. Now is a good time to buy this one.

As for Permian Basin Royalty Trust (NYSE: PBT), I'm either a glutton for punishment or buying right here at the bottom. I'm already overweight energy but I do want to add shares of this trust while oil is down in the dumps. This is a great trust with very long-lived West Texas assets. I can get units of this trust very cheap right now, so now really is the time. My gut is telling me I'm going to regret this, because I've been burned so bad by oil. However, the numbers just don't lie. Added today, just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment