Monday, June 27, 2016

Bought Cisco Systems, British Telecom

More Brexit fallout, I pulled the trigger and added some British Telecom (NYSE:BT). (Using the old logo because I really hate the new one.) That dividend is about as safe as it gets, for Pound terms at least. British Telecom is a business I really believe in, in an economy I really believe in. IT was a choice between this and Vodafone, and frankly, since I have much more confidence in Britain than I do continental Europe, I chose BT. I will continue investing in the British economy for as long as people harbour irrational fears about it.

I also added shares of Cisco Systems (NYSE: CSCO). I added Cisco Systems because it is well undervalued, has a stellar balance sheet, modest growth and a nice 3.8% yield.


No comments:

Post a Comment